Nominees, Presenters and Performers to Receive Hot Ticket Items and Luxury Products
Kevin Hart Hosts the “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” Live on Thursday, September 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
SANTA MONICA, CA (September 4, 2012) – MTV today unveiled the contents of the custom-designed “2012 Video Music Awards” gift bag for attending nominees, presenters and performers. As a part of celebrity gifting, MTV will donate to the non-profit organization Lifebeat, Music Fights HIV/AIDS, which is this year’s official charity recipient. Musical guests and celebrities taking part in the show will receive some of Hollywood’s most coveted items including iPods, speakers, headphones, luggage and designer eyewear. In addition, celebs attending this year’s VMA Radio Forum will have access to the Celebrity Retreat™ where they’ll have a chance to chat with brand reps, demo products and choose items in their personal style and size preferences. Hosted by Kevin Hart, the “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” will broadcast live from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday, September 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
One lucky fan will have the opportunity to win some of the items from the “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” celebrity gift bag on Thursday, September 6 during the Pre-Show. Just follow @MTVNews and red-carpet correspondents (@RealSway, @PositivNegativ, @ChristinaMTV, @JambaJim) for clues, then tune-in to the VMA Pre-Show at 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, September 6. Pay close attention to who reveals the secret word first and tweet @MTVNews with the correct correspondent, secret word and hashtag #VMAGiftBag to enter! Additional highlights of this year’s official Celebrity Retreat™ and gift bag produced by Backstage Creations include: high end evening handbags by Irá Salles, stilettos by Jorge Bischoff, Hot Pockets’ iPod filled with Snoop’s latest music releases, ClubCreate/Jabra speakers, Growze tees, FHI hair products and more. The full list of the Celebrity Retreat™ and gift bag is below:
The brands selected for the “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” Celebrity Retreat™ include:
• ClubCreate and Jabra - Take your SOLEMATE anywhere! Party in a box.
• Diamond Beauty - Diamond Beauty is Japan’s leading cosmetic and eyelash brand coveted all over Europe and Asia.
• FHI Heat Platform Iron - FHI Heat is a luxurious, award winning and top of the line hairstyling iron and dryer, which uses a unique gem that is embedded within the ceramic plates to give you healthy, smooth, silky hair.
• GROWZE – Growze is a new Japanese contemporary women’s label that counts Whitney Port, Mischa Barton and Taylor Jacobson among its early fans. From faux leather minis to colorful denim, chiffon maxi dresses, asymmetrical tops and rock ‘n roll inspired tees, the line exudes Japanese “cool,” the fit is great, and most price points are well under $150.
• Hot Pockets featuring Snoop’s “Pocket Like It’s Hot”- Hot Pockets® & Lean Pockets® sandwiches are a melty mouthful of the tasty ingredients you want, made with real cheese, quality meats, and wrapped in delicious, crispy-hot crusts. Hot Pockets will also be gifting stars with Snoop’s latest music release on a customized iPod.
• Irá Salles - High end bags and clutches are individually hand crafted and designed to reflect a fresh approach to women’s accessories by infusing the Brazilian way of life: joy and style. These handmade pieces are intricately detailed and crocheted with fine materials in multiple colors, perfect for the upcoming season. Irá Salles produces a select number of bags each season making them an exclusive collector’s item.
• Jorge Bischoff- Named after its founder, Jorge Bischoff is the leading Brazilian brand in luxury shoes and bags, thanks to its unique design. The company’s creator is considered the nation’s most influential present-day shoe designer and is frequently cited as a designing “wizard.” As part of the Bischoff Creative Group, the brand’s design studio and productive units are located in a region known for its centennial tradition in flawless shoe manufacturing. True to typical Brazilian style, Jorge Bischoff's collections are loaded with the joy and creativity that its country is best known for.
Contents of the official “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” gift bag include:
• Andaz – Will gift VMA talent with a 2-night stay at their choice of: Andaz 5th Avenue, Andaz Wall Street, Andaz Savannah, Andaz Napa, Andaz West Hollywood, Andaz San Diego, Andaz Maui at Wailea or Andaz Shanghai.
• BottleHood – Is gifting a repurposed Bombay Sapphire Gin bottle drinking glass and necklace.
• Calvin Klein fragrances- Will gift celebrities with CK One, the original “shared” fragrance that inspires the confidence to be yourself and connect with others.
• Case-Mate – Will be gifting celebrities with the Right Case for the Right Occasion; which includes their Tortoiseshell and Glam iPhone 4/4S cases.
• Ceja Vineyards Napa Valley – Is gifting celebs with a 2008 Ceja Vineyards Dulce Beso (Sweet Kiss) late harvest white wine.
• CIROC Vodka in collaboration with Society Awards and Mode Design Group – Will gift a 750ml Limited Edition Moonman inspired CIROC Vodka.
• COVERGIRL - Is gifting Blast Flipstick Lip Color is a double-ended lipstick duo with one shimmer and one cream shade. Eye-Enhancers Shadow includes one matte, pearl, and sparkle shades.
• Crabtree & Evelyn – Will gift celebrities with a pomegranate grove poured candle that captures the exquisite freshness of sun-ripened orchards for everyday moments of indulgence.
• Eternal Lifestyles – Is gifting celebs with Youth Rejuvenating Complex, the latest innovation for smoothing skin texture and reducing fine wrinkle depth and volume. It combines the natural antioxidant properties of Resveratrol with six of the most potent peptides currently available to address the effects of aging on the skin.
• Invitation Consultants – Is gifting VMA talent with their personalized stationery, which is the perfect way to express style & add some pop to snail mail!
• J World Sport – Will gift VMA talent with “Vine,” the ultimate carry-on rolling duffel bag.
• LACOSTE Fragrances – Is gifting celebs with EAU DE LACOSTE L.12.12 men’s scents that capture the transformation of the iconic LACOSTE L.12.12 shirt into a collection of fragrances that represent different moods – pure for Blanc, relaxed for Vert, powerful for Bleu, and energetic for Rouge.
• Laugh Factory – Will gift celebrities with 4 VIP admission tickets and 2 complimentary drinks per guest at the World Famous Laugh Factory.
• Marchon – Is gifting designer eyewear by Marchon.
• Monster – Is gifting celebrities, Monster® DNA™ headphones. DNA is designed and tuned smarter to bring your audio to life. Hear every detail, feel every beat, and express a distinct look that is fully customizable. Pure Monster Sound. It’s What’s Inside.™ #INMYDNA
• NETFLIX- Is gifting VMA talent with complimentary two year Netflix streaming membership.
• Nickelodeon and New Era – Will gift an Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Basic Logo 9FIFTY Snapback hat or Official Foot Clan Basic Logo 9FIFTY Snapback hat. All cotton caps with front logos featuring raised embroidery.
• NIKKI RICH – Is a designer boutique gifting celebs with various printed tops.
• Original & Mineral – Will gift all VMA celebrities with Maintain the Mane Shampoo & Conditioner with oils of evening primrose and macadamia seed which combine in a mild moisturizing everyday formula that cleanses the hair and scalp. The men will also receive Texture Clay to achieve shape and definition with this pliable blend of naturals. Beeswax and Soya Wax combine to give hold while fine grade pumice stone adds texture. And the women will also receive their detangling spray. Get tangle free with this perfect union of nourishing Australian natives. Cold-pressed organic argan and macadamia oils combine to recondition the hair leaving it glossy and knot free.
• Perfect Day Surf Camp – Is gifting VMA talent with a Quicksilver and Roxy sponsored surf & beach camp.
• Perks of Being a Wallflower - Is gifting the book and CD. Since its initial publication by MTV Books/Gallery Books, Stephen Chbosky’s haunting debut novel has received critical acclaim, provoked discussion and debate, grown into a cult phenomenon with over 1.5 million copies in print, and inspired a major motion picture. The movie tie-in edition arrived in stores on August 14, 2012.
• Rep the Code – Will gift New Era snap back and Fashion T-shirt.
• Robbie French Designs – Is gifting vintage belts.
• Stone Rose - The Miami-based label will gift celebrities with a whole range of button-downs that expertly straddle the line between office and evening wear.
• Terry’s Toffee - Is gifting 15 remarkable flavors of Award-winning chocolate covered gourmet toffee & other toffee confections.
• The Makers of Trojan ® Brand Condoms – Will be gifting celebs with a Trojan “Party Pack.”
• Timbuk2 – Will gift classic messenger bags handmade in San Francisco.
• Wear Your Music – Will gift VMA talent with a one size fits all, unisex guitar string bracelet made from real guitar strings in all different colors.
Since the first MTV “Video Music Awards” aired in 1984, the VMAs instantly earned its reputation for delivering the most popular bands and artists to create the loudest, most influential and at times, the most controversial, annual live celebration of music in the world. No other award show has been responsible for creating more memorable or bigger musical moments in pop culture history than the MTV “Video Music Awards.” From Madonna, Michael Jackson, Guns N’ Roses, Eminem and Nirvana to Britney Spears, Kanye West, Beyoncé, Florence and the Machine and Taylor Swift, an appearance on the VMA stage can forever change the trajectory of an artist’s career in a single night.
The “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” will air across MTV’s global network of more than 60 channels reaching more than 600 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV’s more than 200 digital media properties around the world. Ratings for the 2011 VMAs were up +30% YOY internationally, and the show was one of MTV’s top performers in key markets across Europe, Latin America, Asia and Australia.
Jesse Ignjatovic/Den of Thieves is the Executive Producer for the “2012 MTV Video Music Awards.” Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are Executive Producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are Co-Executive Producers. Hamish Hamilton is Director. Wendy Plaut is Celebrity Talent Executive.
Official Sponsors of the “2012 MTV Video Music Awards” are 5 Gum™, adidas Originals, Bing, COVERGIRL, Kia Motors America, Orbit Gum™, Pepsi®, Samsung Galaxy S® III, State Farm®, Taco Bell®, Trojan® Charged™ Condoms and Verizon Wireless.
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its Emmy®, Grammy® and Peabody® award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. MTV’s sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unparalleled customized content for young males, music fans and college students, and its online hub MTV.com is a leading destination for music, news and pop culture. MTV is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to http://www.mtvpress.com
About Den of Thieves:
Founded in 2007 by Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager, Den of Thieves has quickly emerged as a force for ambitious event shows and uniquely stylized reality television series. Using their extensive experience working with talent, Ignjatovic and Prager launched Den of Thieves as the TV arm of the Warner Music Group in 2007. After a successful three year partnership, they branched out and are now fully independent. Den of Thieves continues to create, develop and produce original television.
About Backstage Creations:
Backstage Creations was created in 2000 by Karen Wood, formerly a talent coordinator on over 50 award shows, to give major corporations s well as up-and-coming designers the exclusive opportunity to personally introduce their products and services to celebrities. BACKSTAGE CREATIONS originated the gifting Retreat™ concept and has created Celebrity Retreats™ at various industry honors including the Screen Actors Guild Awards®, Teen Choice Awards, People’s Choice Awards, BET Awards and Billboard Music Awards. BACKSTAGE CREATIONS puts an emphasis on charitable donations at each of our Retreats™ giving our celebrity attendees the opportunity to both give and receive through unique partnerships at our events. Backstage Creations Retreats™ and gift bags have been featured on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra, E!, TV Guide and our clients appear in OK Magazine, People.com, Us Weekly, HollywoodLife.com, Just Jared and many other print and online publications. For more information, go to http://www.backstagecreations.com or go to http://www.wireimage.com to view footage from the Backstage Creations “Talent Retreats™”
© and TM MTV Networks.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
New York: 1515 Broadway, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10036 | 212.258.8000 | 212.846.8759 FAX
California: 2600 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404 | 310.752.8000 | 310.752.8076 FAX